This year we added eggplants to our garden, I haven’t really used eggplants in any of our recipes, so I started to look for some ideas. Thanks to google it was quick and easy to find someone who tried this.
- 1 large eggplant, about 1 pound
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle or smoked paprika
- Canola spray oil
In a shallow baking dish, combine 1/4 cup water with sugar, vinegar, oil, tamari, paprika and chipotle. Add drained eggplant and let marinate 1 hour, stirring several times.
Preheat the oven to 250°F. Fit 2 racks into 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Oil the racks lightly with spray oil. Place eggplant slices on the racks in a single layer. Bake about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until eggplant is dry and golden brown. Let cool before serving. (Eggplant will crisp upon cooling.) Store loosely covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.