As I reflect on my previous years and resolutions, I have made the disheartening discovery that I don’t get a great deal of my dreams or wishes finished or even started. A big problem would have to do with the fact that I don’t really set clear, precise, and achievable goals for myself. So with the rebirth of my website and a fresh start to the new year, I decided to share my goals. I am just going to start with some basic areas for now: Family, Fitness & Health, and Financial.
- An outdoor outing with the whole family at least once a month. This can range from a weekend camping trip, a hike/ride in a State Park, or just visiting the museum.
- Sitting down at the dining room table together, with no distractions; enjoying a meal that everyone has helped to prepare.
- Spending more individual time with each family member
Fitness & Health
- Reach my target weight of 190 lbs by August 1, 2016. (current weight as of today is 234)
- Accomplish 30+ mins of cardio activity three times a week (i.e. swimming, cycling or hiking)
- Strength train twice a week, I’m only looking for toned muscles. I still want my wife to feel like she still has the man she fell in love with
- Get one year closer to our down payment for our dream house
- Fine tune the annual sinking funds
- Beef up the Emergency Fund closer to 6 months of expenses